UC Davis Statistical Science Symposium onThe Analysis of Complex and Massive Data
Department of Statistics University of California, Davis
The fourth annual UC Davis Statistical Science Symposium onThe Analysis of Complex and Massive Data will take place at the University of California, Davis on Saturday, April 13, 2013, 9:00am – 5:00pm, UC Davis Campus, Mathematical Sciences Building, Colloquium Room 1147
This one-day event aims at providing an interdisciplinary forum to discuss recent developments in the rapidly evolving areas relating to “Big Data” and “Data Science”.
Invited speakers include:
- Owen Carmichael (Neuroscience and Computer Science, UC Davis)
- Xiaodan Fan (Statistics, Chinese University Hong Kong)
- Christopher Genovese (Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University)
- Ken Joy (Computer Science, UC Davis)
- Anna Michalak (Global Ecology, Stanford University)
- Fernando Perez (Neuroscience, UC Berkeley)
- Rachel Schutt (Johnson Research Labs and adjunct at Statistics, Columbia University)
- Xiaotong Shen (Statistics, University of Minnesota)
- Tony Tyson (Physics, UC Davis)
More details (title, abstract, schedule) will be made available at http://www.stat.ucdavis.edu/symposium2013/.
Reception after the symposium
A reception following the symposium is scheduled to begin at 6:00pm at the John Natsoulas
Gallery at 521 1st St. in downtown Davis. Registration
The registration for the event is free. Nevertheless, we ask all the participants to register at http://www.stat.ucdavis.edu/symposium2013. We hope to welcome many of you to this event.